Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thankful Day

Psalm 27:13, "I am still confident of this; I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living".

On this Thanksgiving Day 2008, I find this passage especially relevant. Given the economic uncertainty, it seems that what we must bring to this is faith. Faith that God IS good....that His goodness will find it's way into our lives.

Thanksgiving Day is a wonderful time to celebrate His goodness...and to give thanks.

Thanks for our families. Thanks for our friends, Thanks for His provision. Thanks for His goodness.

At the same time, as I write this, I watch the coverage of terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India. And I pray that God will give the Indian government the power to overcome this tragic attack.

That IS the tension of faith isn't it? That in the face of violence, of evil, that we WILL see the goodness of God in the land of the living.

David believed it. You and I must trust it as well.

On this Thanksgiving Day 2008, let's thank God for His goodness...and watch for it today.

No comments: