Thursday, December 4, 2008

Weird Days...

I originally sent this just to staff...but as i thought about it more, I felt like sharing it with all my friends...

This has been one of the weirdest, most challenging weeks I’ve experienced in years. I’m watching various folks struggle and at times act in less than Christ-like ways. I’ve seen the enemy try to strike fear in us and cause us to distrust each other.

PLEASE...re-read Haggai 2 . I am convinced that God is moving among us and honestly, He’s using the enemy to influence some so that what can be shaken will be shaken. Hebrews 12:26-27 “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens. The words ‘once more’ indicate the removing of what can be shaken- that is, created things-so that what cannot be shaken may remain.

I am also convinced that we are moving into a new amazing season at GCC. Not because of our strength, but because of His. I find myself excited. And trust me, I haven’t been excited much in the last 12 months.

In all of this I continue to marvel at His greatness. He is a BIG GOD! I love Him more and more and in all this find myself increasingly clear that there is MUCH I can do nothing about, but there is NOTHING too big for HIM.

I was strumming the guitar in my office this morning and the words came to me, “the darker it gets, the brighter He shines!” I am so in love with Him. So amazed by Him.

We are the people of God. Let us continue to be strong and to work and to trust HIM.

No comments: