Sunday, January 11, 2009

What's Age Got to Do with It?

Ok...I admit it...I'm a book addict. I read...a LOT. Books are amazing...no batteries, no software, and totally portable.

So when I got the chance to get a free book here in there, I thought...why not?

So...I signed on the Thomas Nelson's book review blogger program. Sweet.

And then I noticed this book...What's Age Got to Do with It?

Having had a birthday recently, I am a bit more mindful of my age. In fact, I just got off of the treadmill after 3 miles. I'm not going down without a fight!

Anyway...the book I chose to review was, in fact, written by a woman FOR women. Yeah, I know...no such thing as free!

Anyhow, I'll have a woman's perspective on aging and h0w to avoid it.

The author is Robin McGraw...name sound familiar? McGraw...as in Dr. PHIL? Yep, she's his wife. Which also means her celeb life is a BIT different than yours and mine. Example...I didn't have a personal trainer to stand by me as I sweated on the treadmill a few minutes ago.

The book was actually interesting. But as Solomon once pointed out, there's nothing new under the sun...OR in this book as it turns out.

That said, there are some transferable principles. Like the idea that fitness DOES help us remain young. And nutrition (specifically no more sugar, dairy products, and peanut butter) was helpful for her. I sorta moved through the whole skin care chapter pretty quick...not exactly a huge concern of mine. neither was the makeup chapter.

The faith chapter, though left to the end and rather brief, was helpful in that it raises the idea that faith really DOES contribute to health and longevity by helping us remain healthy.

Ok...so there it is...a review.

One other thing guys...as incredible as it may seem...a read like this now and then MIGHT even help us understand our wives...and for that I'm grateful!

No comments: