Thursday, January 1, 2009

Me...Vers 5.3

Yep, it happened. I had a birthday...ANOTHER birthday.

All my Facebook friends seemed to mount a campaign to remind me...one email after another saying happy birthday. Ok...I got it. And thanks. IT's nice to have others think of you...if only it were not as 'gee, he really IS getting old'.

Version 5.3...I wonder if the update got rid of some of the glitches from the 5.2 version...like staying too busy, neglecting God more than I care to admit...trying to do too much. Being involved in too much.

Still, moving into vers. 5.3 feels WAY better than moving to vers 5.2. The future didn't look so good then. In fact, truth be told, I didn't WANT a future then. Everything was dark. Being near people was a challenge, even painful.

I moved the new version while in Philadelphia. I spent that first day of the new version staring in awe at the Liberty Bell and in the hushed silence of the Assembly hall at Independence Hall. The last one to leave the room after the tour.

That visit fueled the visionary in me. I reflected on the risks those leaders took to form a new nation 'under God'. I inwardly wondered...am I still willing to take risks? One of the downsides of vers. 5.3 is that its easier to just let things be as they are.

Fortunately, God continues to birth new dreams in me...uh oh, that's Joel 2:28 '...old men will dream dreams, young men will see visions.

The thing I love about life in the Kingdom is that we don't become obsolete as we age, we gather the wisdom born of LOTS of earlier versions and we offer it up to God...and He uses it as HE sees fit.

That said, I'm excited about seeing how God will use vers. 5.3 for his purposes. It's His call. I'm good with that.

No comments: